Nothing beats an Australian Christmas. And there are few better ways to make it your own than by using our gorgeous native flora to decorate your home – and dinner tables – in this season of festivities and entertainment. Along with your table decos, choose spaces and places throughout your house to show off all different containers, even two or three at a time. Be as abundant with the same blooms to take the celebratory spirit from room to room – making this Aussie gorgeousness totally yours for Christmas.
Serve them flowers
Collect several sizes and shapes of vases, jars, even jugs, and plan where you would like to put them before arranging your flowers in them. This gives you a sense of how big to make each arrangement.
Decorate with flower power
You can make an arrangement of all shapes and sizes for around your home. Just make sure you consider your colour scheme when you are buying native blooms so they are in harmony with what’s around them. There are no end of breathtaking native colours, so your choice can be perfect for your setting.
Steps to arranging the table centrepiece
1. Lay out stems and cut to size for the vase you are using.
2. Strip the stems of growth to go below the water line.
3. Begin with foliage, then add blooms both small and large.
4. Add decorative foliage to develop your arrangement.
5. Check you have a good balance of blooms as you go.