The oily hair reducer
The more teens wash their hair, the more their body works overtime to replace the oils they are washing away. Less washing is best but it’s difficult to convince them of this. Using this mask once a week will help!
- 1 egg white (the protein enzymes help remove excess oil)
- Juice from ½ lemon (helps balance the scalp and reduce dandruff, plus cleans hair of styling product build-up)
Combine and blend until mixture forms a smooth consistency. Apply to damp hair from top to ends. Leave on for at least 30 minutes to an hour before rinsing with warm water, followed by shampoo and conditioner (only on ends). Finish with a cold rinse to add a glossy shine.
The colour preserver
We spend a lot of time and money dyeing our hair, so it’s best we look after it to hold onto that fresh colour for as long as possible! Avocados are extremely moisturising and nourishing for strands that
have been colour treated.
- 1 x medium avocado (use an imperfect pick)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (add more if you have long or thick hair)
Mash avocado and whisk ingredients together. Apply from top to ends on DRY hair (as wet hair will
repel the oil-based mask and it won’t penetrate as deeply as it would otherwise). Leave mask on for 30 minutes and then wash out with warm water, followed by shampoo and conditioner. (It might take two shampoo washes to remove the excess oil, depending on how dry your hair is feeling afterwards).
The soft and shiny hair mask
If you are using hot tools every day, chances are your hair is dry and damaged. This mask will bring it back to its glossiest best, stat.
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (ultra-moisturising and soothing to the scalp)
- 3 Tbsp raw honey (it’s moisturising and locks in shine)
- 2 Tbsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar (for next-level glossiness)
Combine and blend well until mixture reaches a smooth consistency. Apply from roots to ends, massaging into the scalp, and leave on for a good 30 minutes (popping on a shower cap will prevent any mess). Rinse off in warm water, followed by shampoo and conditioner. Finish with a cold rinse for even more shine.